10050 - 16th St N St. Petersburg, FL 33716 US
St. Petersburg (Feather Sound Area) based manufacturing company is in need of warehouse talent! Is that you?
Receives, stocks, and distributes material, parts, and products, with emphasis on accuracy, efficiency, and service. Prepares, processes incoming and outgoing shipments of materials and finished products and other equipment, with emphasis on protection of shipped and/or received items to and from the company. Provides facility maintenance with emphasis on cleanliness, safety, and minimal disruption to normal operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, parts, or other stock items and distributes items to Production. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of both internal and/or external shipments. Verifies information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method and prepares materials of shipment both internally and externally. Sorts and places material on racks, in bins or in appropriate packing material according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code. Prepares shipping labels and maintains records of shipments both internally and externally. Using departmental computer to enter information; uses Fed Ex, UPS, DHL or other shipping companies via on line access to process shipping documents.
- Uses basic carpentry skills, crates product for shipment, assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers. Performs minor repairs to building, fixtures, and equipment. (For example: changes light bulbs, A/C filters)
- Verifies amounts received or distributed, using computer to enter records. Unpacks and examines incoming shipment, rejects damage items, records shortages, and corresponds with Supervisor to rectify damages and shortages.
- Distributes incoming department letters and/or packages to employees in a timely fashion. Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas, using handcarts, dollies, pallet jacks, or other equipment.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of materials and supplies both in inventory and non-inventory. Conducts cycle count activities on all inventoried materials.
- Operates forklift for loading and unloading equipment, InstaPak machine for packaging and use of the hot melt system along with various power tools for crating/uncrating.
- Maintains maintenance of equipment used in the stockroom/shipping/receiving area, maintains organization and cleanliness of all work areas.
- Interacts with other departments for material handling and distributing.
- Supports ISO by developing and/or improving procedures for stocking/shipping and receiving for the department.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned, for example assisting with the wrapping of projects to prepare for shipment. Maintain cleanroom, ensuring compliance with industry standards. Using vacuum, mop wiping, general cleaning. Requisitions supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of the company.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year related experience
- Computer experienced required. Familiarity with bar-coding system and EPICOR is desirable
- Forklift operation certification desirable
- Must have a flexible schedule
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, and to read and interpret shipping instructions and documents
- Ability to communicate effectively interdepartmentally and externally with vendors, customers, and others
- Accurate data entry skills
- Attention to detail, specifically numerical matching, number sequencing, inventory counts
- Basic carpentry skills, using such tools as drills, saws, and other common power and hand tools
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The normal work environment is typical of a manufacturing stockroom and shipping/receiving area.
- The incumbent is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, touch, see, and hear, and may be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds or more, and must be able to use material moving equipment such as hand carts, pallet jacks, dollies, or forklift.
- While performing the regular duties of the position, the incumbent may be exposed to heights. The incumbent is regularly exposed to risk of injury from power and hand tools, some risk of electrical shock, and possible exposure to non-toxic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The incumbent must be able to wear safety equipment and follow safety instructions.
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE