Shipping and Receiving Specialist
13000 Automobile Blvd #300 Clearwater, FL 33762 US
The Shipping/Receiving Specialist is responsible for verifying and keeping records of all products shipped and received. The successful candidate will pack the goods in shipping containers, develop mailing labels and shipping documents and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly. The successful candidate will communicate with internal staff and customers, maintain inventory levels, and do cycle counting on a regular basis.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Generate shipping documents and labels.
- Maintaining appropriate records and reports
- Provide weights and dimensions to support staff if needed and obtain freight quotes
- Assist in receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering of equipment, tools, and supplies, maintaining inventory control, and doing the required recordkeeping
- Verify accuracy of shipments by counting, weighing, or measuring items and comparing size, weight, description, and code numbers with information on invoice or packing slip
- Purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damage.
- Open crates and other containers using hand tools to unpack items received. Inspect shipments for damage and defects.
- Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment, including forklift, pallet jack, and handcart
- Sort and store items according to established procedures
- Maintain computerized inventory records, take physical count periodically, and check against inventory control totals using computer.
- Requisition additional supplies from purchasing department as needed.
- Read and fill requisitions for stock items.
- Verify accuracy of orders pulled.
- Load and unload delivery truck by hand or equipment
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job including lifting, carrying, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Minimum Skills Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years in one or more of the following: manufacturing, logistics and shipping
- High attention to details.
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills.
- Being able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Have knowledge of supply chain management.
- Being flexible to work on weekends and at nights.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
POSITION IS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT PERSON!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE