2895 42nd Ave N St Petersburg, FL 33714
St. Petersburg based manufacturing company in need of a entry level Production Lead.
Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm (With optional overtime on occasion.)
$15.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or GED Required
EXPERIENCE: At least 1-year manufacturing experience required. Previous mechanical experience and/or machine operation preferred. Previous leadership experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Assists with scheduling and creating work orders within company proprietary lot tracking program for socks and knitted liners as needed to meet order demands.
- Assists with supervision of workflow and personnel productivity within sock and liner departments and working with knitting operators to resolve quality issues.
- Helps oversee all aspects of sock and knitted liner quality to ensure that all products reflect specifications set forth by the company. Report deviations in product specifications to Knitting Production Manager and/or Quality Manager and ensure a positive resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary logs, tracking, data entry (WIP), tracking machine downtime, etc.
- Responsible for inventory levels of finished goods, raw materials, and supplies in the sock and liner departments.
- Completing proper labeling counts and spec verifications per the company quality standards.
- Assist Knitting with miscellaneous tasks as needed: logo, inspection, encapsulation, cutting, etc.
- Identifying on Order/Back Order needs and working closely with Knitting Manager to make any adjustments in secondary ops.
- Responsible for follow up to ensure production system work orders and releases are completed.
- Responsible for checking First Article socks and liners daily.
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean and always organized.
- Mandatory participation in annual inventory as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Read, interpret, and follow safety rules and procedures in accordance to the company Quality Policy
- Excellent hand/eye coordination required for proper inspections
- Able to hear in a production setting, machinery, loud noises, etc.
- Vision requirements include reading written documents in English and using a computer monitor screen frequently.
- The position is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, touch, see, and hear, and may be required to lift or move up to 35 pounds.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Able to follow safety rules
- Ability to adjust shifts as business requirements dictate
- Work within a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
POSITION IS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE! SEND YOUR RESUME NOW!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE