Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
2895 42nd Ave N St Petersburg, FL 33714
St. Petersburg based manufacturing company look for TWO Machine Operators for their 3rd shift.
Monday thru Friday 11pm to 7: 30am
$14.00 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the nightly operation and basic maintenance of the flatbed knitting machines; responsible for washing, drying, folding, and cutting of all knitted socks.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or GED Required
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year manufacturing experience required. Previous mechanical experience and/or machine operation preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Daily operation of Flatbed Knitting Machines; set-up, troubleshoot, daily maintenance and cleaning of all flatbed knitting machines
- Responsible for knowing/understanding all specifications to ensure parts meet all quality standards
- Responsible for washing/drying knitted socks
- Performs minor repairs on flatbed machines as needed
- Cross trained to set up all flatbed machines for all yarn types
- Responsible for inventory of department
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean and always organized
- Responsible for completing inventory of finished goods and supplies when required
- Mandatory participation in annual inventory as needed
- Other projects and duties as assigned
MENTAL & PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Read, interpret, and follow safety rules and procedures in accordance to the company’ s Quality Policy written in English
- Near acuity and hand/eye coordination required for proper machinery operation
- Able to hear in a production setting, machinery, loud noises, etc.
- Vision requirements include reading written documents and using a computer monitor screen frequently
- The position is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, touch, see, and hear, and may be required to lift or move up to 35 pounds
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with team members
- Able to follow safety rules
- Ability to adjust shifts as business requirements dictate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
POSITION IS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE!
SEND YOUR RESUME NOW!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE