Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
14000 49th St N Clearwater, AL 33762 US
Excellent Benefits! Great Pay!
Relocation Assistance Available!
Monday through Friday 4pm to Midnight
$17.00 to $20.00 per hour depending on experience.
POSITION SUMMARY: Production Employees may be assigned to any department or machine in the plant. Flexibility and cross training are expected because as business conditions and needs change employee assignments may be changed. Assigned responsibility could include machine or process operation and inspection. Specific duties may vary between departments and / or processes. The plant is currently a 3-shift operation with a lot of overtime available.
- Read work instructions from work order or traveler. Able to identify a quality product applied to and produced at the assigned manufacturing process. Consult with Supervisor or previous shift operators to determine status of in process work, machine conditions and other work to be completed.
- Set up manufacturing equipment, in reasonable time, using documented procedures, to produce quality product. Responsible to understand the operation of the manufacturing process in order to produce a quality product and to be proficient at machine operation. Observe machine operation to determine accuracy of operation and make subsequent adjustments as required to produce quality products efficiently.
- Inform Manager of any irregularities in material, equipment, procedures etc. including advance notice of need to replenish consumable wear parts. Responsible for maintaining crew compliance with established operating procedures. Maintain product and scrap identification.
- Record required information on forms and/or electronic I/O devices. Communicate with other crewmembers to overcome or correct problems as they occur. Assist other operators as required during a downtime situation. Familiar with all process chemicals used in work area .
- Operate plant mobile equipment and overhead cranes (pendant and radio controlled).
- Observe all safety rules and procedures including wearing designated personal protective equipment and lock out tag out. Work with Managers, Foreman, Engineers, Technical Development on process improvement projects. Participate in Continuous Improvement activities as requested.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be a team player and communicate well with others.
- Will train! Experience with Manufacturing process equipment, including but not limited to measurement tools – micrometers, weigh scales, hand tools – wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, test equipment – eddy current, voltmeters preferred, but will train the right person.
- Requires the ability to pass a pre-employment test which includes a background check, physical including drug and alcohol screen.