Injection Molding Technician Second or Third Shift
2600 72nd St N St. Petersburg, FL 33710 US
Good mechanical aptitude, knowledge of injection molding mechanics, processing and auxiliary equipment. 5 years’ experience preferred.
Leadership in a team environment is a plus.
Good organization and communication skills
Computer skills, including experience with the Microsoft Office suite
High School diploma or equivalent plus previous molding responsibilities in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Ability to recognize issues and diagnose for quick resolution, maintain quality standards, and produce product per production schedules and deadlines.
Job Functions are the following, but not limited to:
1) Set up molds and machines. Operate injection molding machines to produce specified product to quality and relieve other operators as required using defined set-up sheets.
2) Ability to weigh materials, blend materials or other specified ingredients per specifications or instructions and Load / Dry blended materials in hopper on molding machines as needed.
3) Inspect mold and other tooling for damage or wear and promptly notify issues to appropriate individuals.
4) Perform in-process inspections for defects; utilizes manual gauges or other instruments to inspect or sort molded product.
5) Remove molded parts from machines assuring standard cycle is met and all parts are cleared from tooling after each cycle.
6) Perform other related tasks as outlined by the General Manager or assigned representative
7) Ensure that the production floor is properly cleaned, maintained, and organized.
8) Correctly fill out related quality records whether hard copy or electronically
9) Assist in training and supporting other employees performing similar tasks on the proper techniques and procedures in order to produce defect free parts.
10) Communicate with the other shifts the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that might have an impact on their job through verbal and written means.
11) Perform other related duties as required.
12) Willingness to work overtime when needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Requires walking, and on your feet for most of the day. Lifting as required lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals. Protective gear such as ear plugs, masks, gloves, safety glasses, etc. may be required in specific areas or duties.