Finisher (Final Assembly)
11700 S Belcher Rd Largo, FL 33773
Largo based manufacturing company in need of an experienced Assembly Finisher to join their team.
This position requires performing repetitive work to final assembly and preparation of fiberglass boats.
.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
- Inspecting and finishing fiberglass on all surfaces
- May need to grind fiberglass to create a smooth finish
- Painting gel coat on the finished fiberglass
- Prep liners and decks.
- Performs assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools.
- Requires the operation of various hand tools and power equipment including the following:
· DA Sander
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to follow rules, regulations and training related to handling and proper disposal of hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Performs other related duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge of adhesives, solvents and other required chemicals.
- Ability to add and subtract and basic math and measurements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is exposed to various weather conditions. Conditions are dusty due to grinding fiberglass and may have strong chemical odors.
Respirator or Dust Mask - Due to fiberglass dust particles and chemical exposure, a respirator or dust mask may be required up to 8 hours per day.
Safety glasses must be worn at all times with the exception of the break area and offices.
Safety Glasses must be worn over prescription glasses or approved prescription safety glasses may be worn.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has frequent contact with Acetone, styrene, M.E.K., gel coat and awl grip.
Gloves: Latex gloves, chemical resistant gloves and cloth gloves may be required depending upon the task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are typical in a boat manufacturing business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is IMMEDIATELY available! Send your resume NOW!
Call for appointment: 727-377-4644
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE