Electrical Controls Designer
PO Box 1067 , 251 Dunbar Ave Oldsmar, FL 34677 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide support to sales staff during quoting process to determine cost and feasibility of electrical and control systems.
- Confer with other design, production and sales staff to resolve issues with design concepts.
- Research supplier products for components to use in designs.
- Develop electrical designs, schematics and controller layouts.
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Design, document and debug programs for programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Assist production staff with inquiries and problems encountered during manufacturing.
- Update drawings and documentation as needed to reflect changes made during manufacturing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D design software.
- Familiar with SolidWorks 3D design software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Familiar with UL and CE electrical industry standards.
- Familiar with different types of PLCs (e.g. Allen Bradley, Micro820, Unitronics, Samba, Click).
- Familiar with PLC communication protocols (e.g. Ethernet/IP, ProfitNet).
- Familiar with electrical industrial automation components (e.g. photoelectric sensors, proximity sensors, I/O distribution blocks, DC motor controllers, AC variable frequency motors).
- Familiar with mechanical industrial automation components (e.g. linear slides, rotary actuators).
- Familiar with vision systems (e.g. Cognex, Keyence).
- Able to research and quickly learn to use new components and PLCs.
- Direct the workflow of employees in Controls Department to meet production and delivery requirements
- Ensure Controls Department employees fully comprehend responsibilities and delegated tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or 3-5 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence and instructional documents. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Able to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
REASONING ABILITY Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, as well as use hands to handle products and different materials. Occasional kneeling and lifting up to 25 pounds is necessary. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works indoors in an office atmosphere. Occasionally works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to moving mechanical parts and a moderate noise level.
Position is IMMEDIATELY available. Send your resume NOW!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE