Controller & Compliance Lead
13000 Automobile Blvd #300 Clearwater, FL 33762 US
The successful candidate will have a track record of driving financial policies and procedures, leveraging best practices, and providing guidance towards the most optimal revenue and profitable growth. This key role provides leadership and coaching to ensure continuous team member development.
This position reports directly to the General Manager at the Clearwater site with dotted line responsibility to the CFO.
• Direct finance team through Revenue Recognition policy changes as required for compliance as of December 31, 2019
• Develop and administer policies and procedures for effective fiscal controls and administration as it pertains to US GAAP and other financial reporting standards for all of the company
• Act as site lead in ERP implementation for all functional areas as it relates to financial transactions, segregation of duties and workflow procedures
• Assist in the implementation and effective utilization of our financial reporting tool (Adaptive)
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for executive team and required bank package reporting for accordance with banking covenants
• Oversee planning, forecasting, and consolidation of reporting for including functional responsibilities as it relates to the above at the Clearwater site, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all financial data including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and other supplemental schedules
• Thought leader within the company and at the Clearwater site delivering innovative, high value-add financial information and supporting analysis to assist in the development and execution of the annual operating plan (AOP)
• Effective communication and coordination are required in the exchange of financial information to key stakeholders at the company and various sites to provide insight to develop, monitor, and achieve financial objectives
• Responsible for the interpretation of complex financial information and problematic situations by providing solutions that ensure the protection of company assets and overall enterprise value
• Lead, analyze, and present financial models to leadership with key metrics to drive both short and long-term business decisions
• Evaluate projects that support additional investment or enhance the development of assets or resources that will drive profitable growth at Clearwater
• Leverage company's best practices to improve pricing, cost position, primary working capital, cash utilization, and debt management to maximize enterprise value at Clearwater
• Oversee all tax, audit and regulatory matters as it pertains to the business unit
• Influence and drive a culture of accountability and execution utilizing our “5I’s” core values
• Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness
• Perform various ad hoc analyses as requested
• Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industries of the company
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• In-depth knowledge of US GAAP, corporate governance, and implementation of internal controls
• Experience working with ERP systems is preferred, prior implementation experience is highly desired
• Proven experience as a Controller, Sr. Financial Analyst, or Finance Lead
• Demonstrated manufacturing knowledge and experience with a minimum of 2 years of plant controller experience is preferred
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management, MBA or CPA highly preferred
• 10+ years of progressive financial management experience
• High business acumen with demonstrated ability to partner with cross functional leaders to drive accountability and transform organizational cultures
• Experience as a power user or administrator in a financial reporting system, i.e. Hyperion or Adaptive is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and coach others
• An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for driving substantial change and business process improvement across the organization
• Exceptional knowledge of MS Excel and proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
• Ability to travel when necessary - 25% travel or more. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel may be international. PASSPORT REQUIRED
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, exempt, executive level position. Days of work are Monday through Friday during regular business hours. This position may require long hours and some weekend work, as necessary to meet business obligations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. This role also requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Send your resume NOW! Position is immediately available!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE