Builder / Assembler
11700 S Belcher Rd Largo, FL 33773
Largo based manufacturing company in need of experience Builders/Assemblers (preferably in the boat industry).
This position requires performing repetitive work to assembling fiberglass boats.
. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
- Installing fiberglass in the bilges of boats and under the gunnels
- Grinding/Sanding fiberglass to create a smooth finish
- Painting gel coat on the finished fiberglass
- Drilling holes for installing rig tubes
- Installing plumbing materials, fuel, water and waste tanks
- Prep liners and decks
- Install hardware on the liners and decks: deck faucets, cleats, fuel, water and waste fills
- Performs assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools.
- Perform carpentry related work.
- Requires the operation of various hand tools and power equipment including the following:
· Air Saws
· DA Sander
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to follow rules, regulations and training related to handling and proper disposal of hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Performs other related duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge of adhesives, solvents and other required chemicals.
- Ability to add and subtract and basic math and measurements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Prefer experience with boat building or finish carpentry
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is exposed to various weather conditions. Conditions are dusty due to grinding fiberglass and may have strong chemical odors.
Respirator or Dust Mask - Due to fiberglass dust particles and chemical exposure, a respirator or dust mask may be required up to 8 hours per day.
Safety glasses must be worn at all times with the exception of the break area and offices.
Safety Glasses must be worn over prescription glasses or approved prescription safety glasses may be worn.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has frequent contact with Acetone, styrene, M.E.K.P., gel coat and other chemicals.
Gloves: Latex gloves, chemical resistant gloves and cloth gloves may be required depending upon the task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are typical in a boat manufacturing business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is IMMEDIATELY available! Send your resume NOW!
Call 727-377-4644 for interview
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE