Automation Controls Designer
PO Box 1067 , 251 Dunbar Ave Oldsmar, FL 34677 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research supplier products for components to use in designs.
- Develop electrical designs, schematics, and controller layouts.
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Assist production staff with inquiries and problems encountered during manufacturing.
- Update drawings and documentation as needed to reflect changes made during manufacturing.
- Proficiency in Solidworks Electrical 2D design software.
- Familiar with SolidWorks 3D design software/E-Drawings.
- Able to design and layout 2D control panels and enclosures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Familiar with UL and CE electrical industry standards.
- Familiar with industrial automation components (e.g. sensors, motors, linear and rotary motion products, vision systems).
- Able to research and quickly learn to use new components.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or at least 3 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence and instructional documents. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Basic knowledge of mathematical concepts such as multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, as well as use hands to handle products and different materials. Occasional kneeling and lifting up to 25 pounds is necessary. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works indoors in an office atmosphere. Occasionally works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to moving mechanical parts and a moderate noise level.
Position is IMMEDIATELY available! Send your resume NOW!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE