**Head of Product Compliance**
1571 Northpoint Parkway Lutz, FL 33558
International manufacturing company with headquarters in Lutz Florida has an opening for an experienced Head of Product Compliance to join their team.
Reporting to the Division Management Team, the Head of Product Compliance leads a team of technical experts across seven different organizations within the Division, who work to maintain and improve the state of the products' compliance. The position, with the direction from the Division Leader and Business Leaders, sets the strategic direction for Product Compliance for the different inspection forms – Checkweighing, Metal Detection, Vision Inspection, and X-ray. Compliance is an integrated element of product development, and the means to effect compliance through development are critical for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set Division strategy for product compliance and update annually to reflect changes in markets and jurisdictions.
- With each General Manager, produce an annual assessment of each organization' s Compliance maturity, set annual targets for growth, and consolidate these to an annual improvement plan for the Division.
- Work with the Corporate Compliance Leader to align the Product Inspection Division' s Compliance program with the other Divisions of the company.
- Participate in product development, to assess compliance qualifications during the development and through the end-of-life of the product.
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of those with compliance roles across the Division who have responsibility in their subject areas to:
- Establish and implement their planned improvements.
- Maintain visibility of and respond to changes in regulatory and normative requirements.
- Produce internal standards and training tools.
- Participate in standards development that pertains to our products.
- Coordinate response actions for product compliance issues.
- Provide technical guidance to Legal and incorporate legal guidance into compliance practice.
- Manage the compliance process for the local organization where stationed. Manage special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated leadership of multi-functional teams
International experience working with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs)/Notified Bodies for equipment approval preferred with participation in International Organization for Standardization (ISO), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), or similar standards development work preferred.
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry with a higher degree in Science or Business preferred
10 - 15 years of progressive experience in product compliance with industrial machinery products for global use preferred
This position has a travel requirement of up to 10-20% including both domestic and international travel (by commercial or personal means, including economy class air travel). The ability to obtain a passport with valid visas for entry into countries throughout the world is required.
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification