13000 Automobile Blvd #300 Clearwater, FL 33762
The Shipping/Receiving Specialist is responsible for verifying and keeping records of all products shipped and received. The successful candidate will pack the goods in shipping containers, develop mailing labels and shipping documents and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly. The successful candidate will communicate with internal staff and customers maintain inventory levels and do cycle counting on a regular basis.
- Influence and drive a culture of accountability and execution utilizing our “ 5I’ s” core values.
- Generate shipping documents and labels.
- Maintaining appropriate records and reports.
- Provide weights and dimensions to support staff if needed and obtain freight quotes if necessary.
- Assist in receiving, storing, issuing and delivering of equipment, tools, and supplies, maintain inventory control, and doing the required recordkeeping.
- Verify accuracy of shipments by counting, weighing, or measuring items and comparing size, weight, description, and code numbers with information on invoice or packing slip and purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damage.
- Open crates and other containers using hand tools to unpack items received. Inspect shipments for damage and defects.
- Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment, including fork lift, pallet jack, and handcart.
- Sort and store items according to established procedures.
- Maintain computerized inventory records, take physical count periodically, and check against inventory control totals using computer.
- Requisition additional supplies from purchasing department as needed.
- Maintain custody receipts for items being repaired and loaned out temporarily.
- Read and fill requisitions for stock.
- Verify accuracy of orders pulled.
- Load and unload delivery truck by hand or equipment.
- Operate tools, equipment, and vehicles according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, carrying, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years in one or more of the following: manufacturing, logistics and shipping
- Having high attention to details.
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Having knowledge in supply chain management.
- Being flexible to work on weekends and at nights.
- Having interpersonal skills.
- Having organization skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send your resume now! Position is immediately available!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE