Shipping / Receiving Clerk
307 Roosevelt Blvd. Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
Summary: The primary objective of the Shipping/Receiving Clerk is to ensure quality and accuracy of outgoing shipments and incoming deliveries
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Department Manager to stock incoming deliveries and assist in preparing outgoing shipments on a daily basis
- Create pallets, assist in packaging.
- Report any concerns/problems with management immediately.
- Load and unloads trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Inspect bill of ladings/invoices for accuracy (quantity and quality)
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers (quantity and quality)
- Will use Pallet jack, hand truck and forklift (previous certification is preferred)
- Assist in maintaining inventory stock by properly storing inventory in designated locations using FIFO practices.
- During non-shipping/receiving times, this position will assist in overall building clean-up and packaging
- Assist in deliveries specifically to our restaurants. This will include driving our cargo truck
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have good time management skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels of employees, vendors and customers
- Math skills
- Valid/Clean Florida driver’ s license and insurable
- Good computer skills (previous inventory software experience/ERP/MRP is a plus)
Education and/or Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 6 months experience in similar position preferred
- Must possess the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the function is mostly standing for long periods of time. The employee must be able to regularly walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments