Sewing Machine Operator
13000 Automobile Blvd #300 Clearwater, FL 33762
The Lead Industrial Sewing Machine Operator and set up is responsible to oversee manufacturing activities, they manage costs and expenses through process efficiencies. Will make sure the proper equipment is on hand and ready to meet production demands. Job duties require you to analyze and adjust work schedules, solve production problems, handle quality issues and manage customer interactions. Personnel matters will also be your responsibility. You must plan for employee training and skill development and handle disciplinary issues. Making sure operations align with company policies and procedures is also part of the job.
- Perform production tasks according to standard operating procedures and manufacturing guidelines.
- Complete quality records for manufactured products.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with customers, suppliers and employees across all levels, including sales and marketing, engineering, technicians and human resources.
- Operates liner and various machines - Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle
- Prepares and trouble shoots machine (changing needles and thread, oiling and changing bobbin, and securing attachments)
- Must understand and use effective leadership principles to get the job done.
- Performs the various hand tasks necessary to sew materials including join pieces, and repairing materials
- Perform counting and inspecting of the product during the sewing process
- Responsible for producing product type in the allotted task time
- Responsible for maintaining quality in completed products
- Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area
- Follow plant supervisor directions / Report issues or problems to plant supervisor
- Influence and drive a culture of accountability and execution utilizing our “ 5I’ s” core values.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working in a clothing and / or non-woven manufacturing environment is a must
- Experience operating a sewing machine in an industrial setting is a plus
- Able to perform complex trouble shooting and manage production output
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- Forklift experience, previous forklift certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in an effective way.
- Ability to produce quality products consistently.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to measure components.
- Moderate computer skills are desired.
- Candidate has to be a strong team player.
Send your resume now! Position is immediately available!
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE