QA Inspector - Incoming & In-Process Inspector
5115 Ulmerton Rd Clearwater, FL 33760
SUMMARY: This position pertains primarily to the inspection of incoming materials according to specifications and drawings, other duties as assigned from time to time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Inspections of incoming materials according to specifications and drawings.
- Recording raw material data on incoming inspection cards.
- Maintain current drawings on all raw materials
- Assure all non-conforming materials are properly segregated (quarantined).
- Assist in various tasks pertaining to the proper functions of the Quality Assurance department
- Handling of Product Returns.
- Decontamination of units per procedure.
- Routine monitoring of controlled packaging areas per procedure.
- Act as back-up for in process inspection of sterile and non sterile products including prepackaging inspections, sealed pouch inspections and final inspection.
- Act as back-up for sterilized product inspection and release.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: The Incoming Inspector must comply with the following quality system requirements including but not limited to:
- Use only formally approved procedures, records, documents and specifications known as “ Control Documents” (e.g., device history records, data collection forms, drawings, procedures, and specifications).
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be detailed orientated, have a good eye for visual inspections. Must be proficient in the completion of all documents. Familiar with quality system requirements (ISO, FDA, ETC.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED. Previous Q.A. experience a must.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and respond to common inquires from members of the Corporation.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.