Printed Circuit Board Assembler
6190 118th Ave N Largo, FL 33773
The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all duties/responsibilities and requisite skills associated with the position.
Performs a variety of tasks involved in the assembly of electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. Works fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Group Leader. Perform duties in accordance with Manufacturing Department/ISO 9000 written procedures.
- Performs a variety of tasks involved in the assembly of electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems by performing the following duties as required.
- Reads work orders, follow production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Crimps, solders, or performs similar mechanical operations to join or secure parts in place per IPC 610C Class II, J-Standard – 001C.
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis' or panels.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit board or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as conformal coating parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics
- Performs on-line inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards. Identify workmanship defects.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to, the Company' s safety and attendance policies.
- Work overtime as needed.
- May assist with material handling function.
- May assist with Final Assembly, Test, and Production Control functions as needed.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Tends machines that press or shape component parts.
- May set up and prepare workstations.
Education & Experience:
- No formal education is required. One-year experience soldering and/or electromechanical assembly of PC boards including the following skills is required.
- Ability to identify electronic and mechanical components (i.e.: resistor color codes and mechanical hardware, etc.)
- Ability to interpret assembly blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly process documentation.
- Precision soldering to the IPC-A-610C
- Knowledge of surface mount assembly and rework may be required.