Mechanical Surface Plate Inspector
11861 31st Court North St. Petersburg, FL 33716 | Temp-to-Hire
- Conduct inspection on incoming materials from critical vendors as requested by receiving department
- Conduct first hour and final inspections by measuring and visually inspecting products for surface and dimensional defects using precision measuring instruments.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures or grades of materials with samples or charts to verify conformance to standards.
- Compare required documentation of inspection results.
- Ability to follow procedures for running a pre-assigned SmartScope program.
- May perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Follows quality standards using production files.
- Follows all company policies and attendance guidelines
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Ability to read, write and speak English, to include verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift to 40 pounds.
- 20/20 Vision, to include ability to distinguish colors.
- Quality measuring instrument usage.
- Ability to use basic measurement programs on SmartScote (and other complex equipment as needed).
- Two years (or more) years of experience
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.