PO Box 1067 Oldsmar, FL 34677
The Mechanical Assembler assembles components or machines partially or completely, ensuring that the product being assembled is in compliance with specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Position parts according to knowledge of product being assembled, drawings and work instructions.
- Measure and mark dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent assembly.
- Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws and other fasteners.
- Operate machine or component after assembly to test for proper operation, adjusting machine controls or control media as required.
- Inspect assembly to verify conformance of finished product to specifications on drawings and accompanying documentation.
- Operate drill presses, powered saws and miscellaneous powered and manual hand tools to assist in assembly operations.
- Ability to operate welding equipment is preferred, but not required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Able to read and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and blueprints.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute percentages and convert English to Metric.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works indoors in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and a moderate noise level.
Drug Free Workplace / Background Check / EOE