PO Box 1067 Oldsmar, Florida 34677 | Temp-to-Hire
The Electrical Assembler assembles controllers and control panels, ensuring that the product being assembled is in compliance with specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Position parts according to knowledge of product being assembled, drawings, schematics, logic diagrams and work instructions.
- Measure and mark dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent assembly.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws and other fasteners.
- Connect controller or panel components with wire, electrical connectors and solder.
- Test finished product to verify conformance to specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems after the controller is installed on the machine.
- Operate drill presses and miscellaneous powered and manual hand tools to assist in assembly operations.
- Operate soldering equipment.
- Familiar with basic electrical concepts.
- Familiar with the proper use and functions of electrical multi-meters.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 6 months related experience and/or training.
Able to read documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and blueprints.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute percentages and convert English to Metric.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works indoors in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and a moderate noise level.