2120 Calumet Street Clearwater, FL 33765
- 1) Sets up and operates variety of woodworking machines and uses various handtools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture: Studies blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plans sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed.
- 2) Marks outline or dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications.
- 3) Matches materials for color, grain, or texture.
- 4) Sets up and operates woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, and shaper, to cut and shape parts from woodstock.
- 5) Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using handtools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- 6) Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
- 7) Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
- 8) Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
- 9) Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
- 10) May repair high-grade articles of furniture.
- 11) May dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative materials, such as stain, varnish, or paint.
- 12) May install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls.
- 13) May repair furniture, equipment, and fixtures and be designated Cabinetmaker, Maintenance.
- 14) May be designated according to products made as Piano-Case Maker.
- 15) May cut, shape, and assemble wooden parts to construct frames for refrigeration equipment and be designated Refrigerator Cabinetmaker.