2100 Range Rd Clearwater, Florida 33765 | Temp-to-Hire
The Buyer position reports to the Materials Manager.
- Input and maintain all necessary item information along with the corresponding Procurement and/or Stock Keeping Units.
- Create and/or update Vendor Cards as needed.
- Analyze, maintain and execute purchasing functions based on sound decisions.
- Ensure availability of materials allowing Monin, Inc. the ability to provide 100% on time order delivery.
- Proactively eliminate materials liability for Monin, Inc.
- Create and remit purchase orders that correctly reflect negotiated prices, delivery times and terms.
- Have a complete understanding of all products.
- Maintain integrity of the purchase/vendor relationship with all Monin suppliers.
- Monitor and continuously improve supplier delivery and quality performance.
- Address and resolve recurring and/or critical issues by providing feedback to suppliers.
- Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Support Quality Assurance in resolving quality issues.
- Support Manufacturing in all material issues.
- Minimize materials freight expense.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree is a plus; significant work experience may substitute for education
- Microsoft Navision (operating system) experience a plus
- Highly computer proficient and skilled in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability handle a high volume workload
- Willingness to follow safety standards to ensure a safe working environment for self and coworkers
- Supports company’ s commitment to food safety, quality, and SQF policies