Accounts Receivable Specialist
8300 Sheen Dr St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Local St. Petersburg based company in need of an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization' s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Qualifications:
- Outstanding academic record
- Clear understanding of Accounting principles
- Trained in using any Accounting software
- Expertise in Excel and other MS Office products
- Exceptional web search capabilities and computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to any manufacturing environment
- Bachelor' s or Masters' Degree in Finance/Accounting
Accounts Receivable Specialist Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your resume NOW! Position is immediately available.
Drug Free Workplace / Background Screening / EOE