St Petersburg, Florida | Temp-to-Hire
- Processes and maintains all payroll related records in compliance with all policies, procedures and contracts. Exemplary customer service skills are necessary for this position, along with high accuracy with data entry. Ability to follow directions while exercising critical thinking skills is necessary.
- Receives Employee Action Forms and verifies information is accurate in the payroll system.
- Inputs W-4 changes and other changes to deductions into the payroll system.
- Notifies employees of new/changes to garnishment orders, tax levies, child support orders, etc. Sets up deductions and verifies compliance with Consumer Credit Protection Act.
- Inputs changes for sick and vacation adjustments in payroll time entry, if necessary. Verifies changes against Labor Reports and Leave Balance Reports.
- Maintains individual employee payroll records/folders in accordance with established procedures.
- Audits payroll time sheets for appropriate signature authority and designation of hours.
- Performs data entry of all bi-weekly payroll information that is not part of the exception system (when applicable).
- Reviews printed paycheck register and verifies totals through comparative analysis with source documents.
- Initiates direct deposit transactions with the bank.
- Prints payroll checks and initiates emailing of earnings statements.
- Prepares and distributes/sends pay statements (emails) and payroll reports.
- Assists with questions from employees regarding pay received.
- Coordinates with all departments to resolve payroll related problems.
- Assists other members of the Accounting department with accounting tasks, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned to assist the Payroll/Benefits Manager, Accounting Manager, Director of Finance, and Chief Financial Officer.
- Education: High school diploma (or G.E.D.) supplemented by additional college-level course work in accounting. Associates Degree with course work in accounting is preferred.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of two years professional experience in payroll or accounting. Previous work with bargaining unit contracts is preferred. Previous work with a government entity is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of: Payroll processing rules and regulations. Intermediate level accounting practices; modern office procedures and practices.