Packaging Machine Technician
Clearwater, FL | Temp-to-Hire
- Operate the packing machine and pack products according to schedule and specifications in a safe, sanitary and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Packaging Machine Operator (PMO) works under the direction of the Production Supervisor/Production Lead
- PMO will consult with the production Supervisor/Lead to determine the item scheduled to run.
- PMO selects the correct packaging film and machine former.
- PMO makes the necessary installations, adjustments and fine tunes the package to comply with the current specifications for length, height, bag fill, code date placement, and seal integrity and sticker placement if required.
- Ensure Assigned documentation is completed accurately and timely
- Verify and validate that the case code dates are accurate and eligible throughout their assigned shift
- The PMO must understand HACCP and Food Safety principles and verify compliance to all Critical Control points and Preventative Quality Checkpoints to ensure a safe quality product is produced consistently.
- Must follow all GMP requirements as they pertain to safety, quality and food safety
- Good communication skills
- Complete packaging programming skills training
- Ability to make simple math calculation & measurements
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to read, write and speak English, to include written and verbal instructions
- Must have the manual dexterity to manipulate boxes, bags and cases.
- Must be able to keep track of case and container counts.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds to shoulder height on an intermittent basis.
- Must be flexible as job requires frequent reassignment.
- Must be able to understand and proactively endorse GMP and product protection regulations.