Clearwater, Florida | Temp-to-Hire
Maintenance Mechanic position requires experience and skill in electrical, PLC and mechanical areas associated with paper converting equipment and paper unwinder and automation equipment. Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic must provide support to production while following all safety procedures and policies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate cause of trouble.
- Disassemble and assemble production lines/equipment as needed.
- Adjusts functional parts and control instruments to improve productivity.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, troubleshoot and repair paper converting processing and packaging production equipment.
- Employ basic shop floor skills (lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools).
- Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Assist production in breakdowns and production line changes.
- Troubleshoot control circuits AC and D/C.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and/or schematics.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must have basic PLC experience.
- General understanding of paper un-winding, tension and breaking.
- Must have general mechanical knowledge.
- Basic pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge.
- Must be available to work SECOND SHIFT.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of successful manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Must comply with all company food safety and quality standards.
- Must comply with all departmental SOPs and GMPs.
- Ability to make recommendations on spare parts, lock-out tag-out, guarding and the level of operator involvement for proper machine integrity.
- Basic welding is a PLUS!
- 3+ years packaging and manufacturing experience required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Previous experience supporting a manufacturing, production, paper processing equipment A PLUS!
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification in related trades.
- Work involves daily exposure to minor amounts of paper dust and machine nose.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand, walk around the plant, lifting and moving parts/equipment up to 50 pounds, utilizing fine dexterity and reaching, kneeling and twisting daily.
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders to 12 feet.
- Operate 25 foot electric articulating boom lift indoors.
- MUST NOT BE COLOR BLIND!