Knitting Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
St Petersburg, FL | Temp-to-Hire
Mechanically inclined candidates wanted!
One year of Manufacturing experience is preferred
This position is responsible for daily operation and maintenance of circular knitting machinery
- Responsible for fabric production including knitting and finishing operations of all fabric styles; primary operator of Circular Knitting machinery.
- Oversees all circular machines; suggest parts for order / repair as needed
- Un-load finished rolls of fabric up to 40 lbs. off of machine and onto storage shelves daily.
- Identify and work to correct problems within fabric rolls during knitting to assure quality product.
- Work with Knitting Inspector and QC to resolve quality issues within the fabric itself in real time.
- Fill out necessary paperwork to report daily production / problems. Maintains all necessary production and quality logs for performance tracking
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean and organized at all times.
- Responsible for knowing/understanding all specifications to insure fabric/parts meet all quality standards
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, bend, reach, twist, stoop, reach overhead, swat or lift up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
Read, write and speak English, to include following verbal and written instruction. Bi-lingual okay.